Commodore Stephanie Ellis
Hello and welcome to our TRYC Website!
Nestled in the heart of Lighthouse Cove at the mouth of the historic Thames River, you’ll find one of the friendliest, most welcoming yacht clubs around. The Thames River Yacht Club (TRYC) is a not-for-profit club that welcomes sailing and power vessels alike. Various dockage options are available to new members, beginning at less than $400 seasonally. Please check out the ‘Join TRYC’ tab on this site. We love to have visitors, too. Come for a weekend or a week, and meet some great people!
TRYC offers a wide range of boating experiences, social activities and amenities for members and guests to enjoy:
• Fun weekly races and crewing opportunities, and an annual regatta
• Organized cruises around the Great Lakes and beyond
• Day sailing and anchoring out on Lake St. Clair (we’ve been known to have some sizeable raft offs, on occasion…)
• Monthly social events (check out our social calendar!)
• Beautifully maintained grounds
• A cozy clubhouse with a kitchen
• 30 amp shore power and water
• A new state-of-the-art pump-out system
• Clean washroom and shower facilities
• A sheltered picnic facility, with new barbecues
• A beautiful gazebo and fire pit at the point (where we enjoy the lovely sunsets, and often, an impromptu fireside jam)
• Launch, haul-out and winter storage options
Among other things, at TRYC, we value safe boating practices, family, friendship, helping one another, sharing our knowledge and experience and having fun.
Whether you’re new to boating, or an experienced mariner, we hope you’ll consider joining our club, or coming for a visit.
Come for the boating. Join for the fun.
Please don’t hesitate to contact me or one of the TRYC Board members for more information.
Commodore, Stephanie Ellis